Like many small businesses, you are looking for more ways to quickly and affordably increase your lead flow! Digital Marketing doesn’t have to require a substantial financial or time investment to impact your business positively. Every interaction potential customers have with your brand is a marketing moment that you can use to convert someone into a lead.
Whether your business has experience in digital marketing or is just dipping its toes in the water, check out our Four Fast and Easy Digital Marketing tips to boost lead generation.
1: Increase Traffic With Simple, Local Search Engine Optimization
When people google your business, what do they see? Are you easy to find on google maps? Are you even on the first page of google? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making your site more visible on google. SEO makes it easier for people to:
- Return to your website as a pre-existing customer
- Discover you on Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze
- See your business when searching for a product or service.
In short, good SEO will improve your web traffic and thus the opportunity to generate leads. Here are our recommendations that you can begin implementing immediately to boost lead generation for your small business.
- Claim Your Free Google My Business Listing: Even if your location already shows up on Google Maps, you need a Google My Business (GMB) account to make edits to your business’s info. With a GMB account, you can make it easier for customers to find your location, learn about your offering, navigate to your website, and contact you straight from Google Maps. If you have any Google Search Ads, you can also add a nifty “call” button so potential leads can call straight from the ad.
- Claim Your Listing on Yelp: Millions of people check Yelp when comparison shopping. Once you create a Yelp Business Account, you have an updated and accurate listing with links to your contact forms, website, email, and phone number!
- Encourage Customer Reviews: Google’s algorithm favors companies with a high star rating on Yelp, Google, and Facebook when loading search results for businesses. And, businesses with more reviews rank higher on each of these sites for internal searches as well. However, getting customers, even happy customers, to leave a review can be surprisingly tricky, so check out our tips here: 4 Strategies To Get More Customer Reviews
- Edit Your Meta Descriptions: This is a more advanced tip to encourage people to visit your website, but it is worth the effort. The meta description of your website is the body text below a search result. You can edit this text to be informative and intriguing, so people are more likely to click. Most website building services have ways to edit this metadata. For example, here are the steps to edit metadata for Wix and Squarespace.
2: Clean Up Your “Digital Storefront” to Increase Conversion:
Friction is the enemy of lead generation, so make sure that your website is as easy to use as possible by making these simple and inexpensive changes to your website:
- Make your business easy to contact: A call to action to call your business or fill out a contact form should be at the top and bottom of every web page!
- Utilize Landing Pages: When people click a link from an email or an advertisement directing them to a specialized landing page can give them a tailored and more persuasive experience to increase your lead generation. Read some of our tips for building awesome landing pages!
- Double-Check Your Website: Take some time to ensure that all your links are working. Important pages should be on the navigation bar. Also, all your business information like hours and prices should be up-to-date.
For most people, this is their first impression of your company. When generating leads, friction is the enemy. Your website needs to be easy to use and designed with lead generation in mind.
3: Have a Social Media Presence!
Whatever you sell, whoever you are, having an active social media presence can benefit your business. Social media is an excellent opportunity to tell people about your offering and generate leads. Potential leads can see how your brand interacts with customers, the quality of your work, and can choose to keep themselves updated on your business. Include links to contact your business in your profile and as a call to action in your posts!
Social media can also be used to seek out business leads actively. For example, if your company sells a B2B Product or service, LinkedIn can be used to reach out to professionals you believe would like what you are selling.
4: Make Your Marketing Trackable!
To implement this easy and inexpensive tip for lead conversion, you need to continue doing what your business already does! Except, now you can track your success to make better-informed decisions.
- Google Analytics: A Google Analytics account is free but can be upgraded for more in-depth features. This account can show your business where your web users come from, how they navigated to your website, and what web pages they were on, and for how long. In addition, this data can reveal what web pages are underperforming and which ones are successfully sending people to your contact forms.
- Track Link Clicks: Google’s Campaign URL Builder allows you to add tracking to any URL; you can then view the clicks from any source in Analytics. So, now you can create custom links on your social media posts, in your marketing emails, and on various landing pages. Whenever a customer fills out a contact form, you know exactly where they came from and can view all the data in one place.
- Ask Customers How They Heard of You: Sometimes, the easiest way to get the information you need is just to ask! When customers fill out a contact form, have an option for them to say who sent them. If they call your business directly, then ask them. This type of data can significantly help track word of mouth, which is hard to track digitally.
Generating more leads doesn’t need to be costly or difficult! Sometimes all that is needed is someone in the know to guide you in the right direction. Paying particular attention to your business’s online presence and taking advantage of free resources can boost your lead generation and make your business more visible online!
Our expertise comes from experience.
At Right Left Agency, we understand that leads can be the lifeblood of your small business. If you’re interested in executing any of the ideas we highlighted above, let us know, and we would be happy to talk about your digital marketing strategy.